Addition to the Adult Writers' List
• For Girls Like You is a
quarterly print magazine for ages 6-12. According to their website, "each issue is full of fun articles, features and
photos designed to reaffirm and grow girls in the love of Christ!" Submission guidelines are
is a non-paying market.
Additions to the Young Writers' List
• For Girls Like You also
uses pieces written by young writers. (See above for details.)
• Word Smorgasbord
is an online literary journal composed entirely of pieces written by young authors, ranging in age from elementary school
to college. Submission guidelines are
here. This is a non-paying market.
Theme Lists Updates
• Young Salvationist
• Fun For Kidz
• Highlights says they are currently acccepting very little poetry. If you do send some, the maximum length is 16 lines.
Their present needs are non-rhyming verse, humorous poems, and holiday-themed poems. They are buying little nature-themed
• Highlights Hello has reopened
submissions. Their website page says they are "sporting a new, updated look as of the May
2017 issue. Texts are accompanied by more colorful graphics, photos, and mixed media. Before submitting, writers may find
it helpful to examine recent sample issues."
• Submissions for Pockets
Annual Fiction Contest are open until August 15th.
This and That
• Susan Uhlig has an excellent article on her website titled "Writing for Children's Religious Magazines".
• Bumples website was malfunctioning for a couple of weeks, but is now back up and running. The editor says she's trying
to catch up on submissions.
• Yarn is closed to submissions until approximately
Updated Links in the Adult List
• Friend submission guidelines
• Spirit Online and submission guidelines
• Sunday School Network submission guidelines
The next issue of Writing for Children's Magazines will be published in November.
If you want to sign up for the Writing
for Children's Magazines Yahoo group, you'll receive a notice of when new issues are posted, plus occasionally
receive updates between issues (especially if the information is time-sensitive).
Writing for Children's Magazines, August 2017.